Interact Analysis have recently released a new report – Airport Logistics Automation. The below infographic demonstrates some of our key findings.
Global passenger traffic fell 61% in 2020 and traffic in 2021 will only be slightly higher than 2020 but still well below the 2019 level.
The infographic is also available to download in PDF here
– Global passenger traffic in 2020 fell 61% compared with 2019. Traffic in 2021 will be only slightly higher than 2020 and still well below the 2019 level.
– The market size for airport logistics automation was $3 billion in 2019 and $2.8 billion in 2020
– Vanderlande, Siemens, Daifuku and Beumer are the four big players that dominate the market for airport logistics automation, particularly in the area of BHS hardware.
– Adoption of self bag drop systems is currently limited but revenues are forecast to grow from $62 million in 2020 to $154 million in 2025
– The countries with the highest total sales of airport logistics automation are by a clear margin the US (22% of airport logistics automation revenue in 2021) and China (15%). Europe is slightly higher than the US (26%).
– COVID-19 will have an extremely limited impact on the way that things are done technologically. But one noticeable effect of the virus is that it has given a bit more momentum to self bag drop and ideas for more intelligent baggage retrieval, such as lockers where you can get your luggage by scanning your boarding pass.