Automotive accounted for 11.3% of global manufacturing production in 2017, remaining as the largest end-industry for industrial robots and forecast to be the key segment over the next five years.
The infographic below highlights some of the key findings on the use of Industrial Robots in the Automotive Industry.
The information presented is taken from our Industrial Robot – 2018 report.
Click here to download the infographic.
- Automotive sector accounted for 11.3% of the total global manufacturing industrial production (USD chain) in 2017, and this sector is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 5.5% from 2017 to 2022.
- Automotive is the key segment for industrial robots, accounting for 38.6% of the market, equivalent to $3.85bn in 2017.
- Industrial robot sales revenues coming from the automotive sector is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 6.7% between 2017-2022.
- Valued at $1.04bn, China accounted for about 27% of the industrial robot revenues sold to the automotive market and is forecast to grow at a fastest regional CARG of 12.4%.
- The automobile industry mainly uses six-axis articulated industrial robots that can carry a large load and which offer high performance. Articulated robots account for over 90% of the industrial robot revenues that sold to automotive industry.
- Spot welding, arc welding, painting and material handling are the top 4 robot application in the automotive industry, with spot welding and arc welding accounting for over 70% of the total.
- The automotive market for industrial robots is highly concentrated, with the top 5 vendors’ revenues and shipments accounting for around 60% of the total market. This position is especially strong in the United States and Japan, where the top 5 took account for about 80% of the market.
The above analysis is taken from a new Interact Analysis report – “Industrial Robots – 2018“, a highly-detailed report providing analysis of the market for industrial robots used in manufacturing. If you’d like to learn more about the report or have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org