Latest posts by Jan Zhang (see all)
- Industrial Robots – Slowing But Still Growing – With Significant Changes in the Market to Come - December 16, 2019
- The Industrial Robot Market – 2019 - December 12, 2019
- Electrification of Off-Highway Vehicles: An Opportunity To Be Grasped – Executive Whitepaper - October 24, 2019
The industrial robot market underwent dramatic changes in 2017. To capture all the recent changes and to help you understand how these will affect the industrial robot market over the next five years, we have produced an analysis of this market.
The infographic below highlights some of the key takeaways from our Industrial Robot – 2018 report.
The infographic is also available to download here
- The global industrial robot market grew at roughly 20% in revenue terms in 2017, and is predicted to reach over $15bn by 2022. Unit shipments grew at an even faster pace (31%) last year and double-digit growth is forecast for the next five years.
- China generated nearly 30% of global revenues and saw dramatic growth in 2017 with revenue growing nearly 40% over 2016, while unit shipments grew 60%.
- Material handling was the biggest application segment for industrial robots, accounting for nearly 1/3 of the total units shipped, and with the highest CAGR between 2017-2022 (14.5%). Assembly is forecast to be the second fastest growing application segment (14.2%)
- Collaborative robots are forecast to grow most quickly, at a CAGR of ~30%. Increasing their share from 3.8% of the market in 2016, to 8.5% in 2022 (in unit shipment terms).
- SCARA robots are the most widely used robot type for the 3C industry (computers, communications and consumer electronics). Electronics accounted for over one third of SCARA revenues in 2017, and this share is forecast to increase to nearly 50% by 2022.
- The big 4 (FANUC, Yaskawa, KUKA, ABB) continue their dominant position in the industrial robot market, accounting for over half (57.1%) of the global market, nearly 70% of the articulated robot market.
The above analysis is taken from a new Interact Analysis report – “Industrial Robots – 2018“, a highly-detailed report providing analysis of the market for industrial robots used in manufacturing. If you’d like to learn more about the report or have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org