Electrifying Experience at Bauma 2022
We had a team of analysts on the ground at Bauma 2022, at the Munich Messe, for 3 days meeting with major vendors to get the latest industry news and see the newest product offerings. Here are our key highlights and takeaways from the show.
- Hydrogen – both fuel cell and H2ICE featured prominently at the show.
- Some vendors were showcasing hybrid engine solutions
- It isn’t just compact equipment mini excavators and small wheel loaders that are being electrified. There was a wide range o f equipment types and sizes being electrified at Bauma.
- There were several examples of battery packs being used for mobile, site charging, This seems to be gaining traction as the way to charge compact equipment at remote sites.
- There is growing clarity on battery voltage levels by equipment type and by OEM.
- We’re seeing growing focus on better component and system integration, particularly as we move to the second generation of electric machines which are not just a modified diesel machine.
- Several partnerships are developing particular for electric machines to help develop the technology.
- For batteries the clear message was “safety”. Battery vendors are keen to stress to the safety/reliability of their products, particularly for use in harsh environments.
Missed the tradeshow but want to find out more? Download and view the tradeshow report using the button below. If you want to talk about any of the content in this show report then we would be happy to arrange a call to discuss!