Interact Analysis have recently published their quarterly update for the Manufacturing Industry Output (MIO) Tracker.
The below infographic demonstrates some of our key findings.
The infographic is also available to download in PDF here
– Our outlook for 2021 from may has improved slightly from May increasing by 0.4% to 6.6% growth. This growth brings the estimated global MIO value up to 42T.
– The biggest impacts on our forecast are: Vaccination Hesitancy, Worker Shortage, Freight Rates, Semiconductor Chip Shortage and the Delta Variant.
– Machine Tools is the slowest machinery sector to return to 2019 levels this is due to how heavily impacted its main end user sectors(automotive production and metals production) were affected.
– Vaccination Hesitancy in regions such as the UK and US combined with high number of delta variant cases is slowing the long term recovery.
– India, Korea and Brazil are yet to hit the 100 vaccinations per 100 people threshold.
– Vaccine Mandates, Passports and other measures are being considered in several regions.
– Semiconductor Machinery is expected to continue to perform well due to low current supply of semiconductors and companies upping orders for fabrication machines to meet this high demand